As my blood lab bruises from last week are finally fading away, I have one round of results back from the lab: the antibody tests. Still waiting for the karyotype serum testing results. Those apparently take ~21 days to complete. Links go to descriptions of tests. Normal ranges in parens; green = ok, red= something wonky.
- Thyroglobulin antibodies: less than 20.0 iU/mL [20 or less than 20]
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies: greater than 1000 IU/mL [0-34]
- TSH: 0.06 uIU/mL [0.4-4.50]
- Thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin: 102 [less than or equal to 125]
- Antiadrenal antibody screen: Negative
I’ve tried my Dr. Google hat, and it hasn’t worked much, except that I think I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis? I have no clue. I have an email out to my dr, so we’ll see what he says.
Assuming I have no genetic defects re: Fragile X, this is good news for having my own genetic children… I mean, it doesn’t really feel like good news at all what with lifelong health concerns, and the fact that my numbers as they stand now usually result in increased miscarriage and IVF failure rates… but at least there might be a longshot chance of me having my own children?
Chalk 1 hash mark in the victory column? I guess?
Why am I not feeling terribly reassured by this?